Help / Support
How do I get started with iRadeo?
Getting started with iRadeo is really simple. Just sign up, create your station, customize, and upload your audio or create a playlist to directly stream from your server..
CREATE / EDIT STATION
- Station Title: Allows you to name your station. To disable station title, uncheck the Display Title checkbox next to Station Title field.
- Player Format: Select the player format that fits your needs. You have up to 6 different templates to choose from and customize.
- Font Type: Select text style to display with two different font options, Sans-serif or Serif.
- Font Size: Select text size to display with three options, Small, Medium, or Large. By default Medium is selected as the normal font size.
- Colors: Select the colors that you want to apply to your player.
- Share: If enabled, allows your listeners to share your player destination via direct link.
- Embed: If enabled, allows your listeners to embed your player on their blog or website.
- Download: If enabled, allows your listeners to download all tracks that are streaming.
- Auto Play: If enabled, your station will automatically start streaming when your page loads.
- Shuffle: If enabled, will act as an automated dj and play random tracks from your station playlist.
- Loop: If enabled, will repeat your station playlist continuously.
- Track Names: If enabled, will display track names from your playlist. Note: You will need to provide the names for each track.
- Audio Ads: If enabled, will allow you to upload audio ads to your station. You can specify after how many tracks and how many times you would like your audio ads to play. Audio Ads block all player options for your listeners to allow your sponsor audio to complete streaming.
- Buy: If enabled, you can specify a link where your listeners can purchase your audio tracks or products that you are discussing.
- Playlist Streaming: Only available with Ultimate plans. If enabled, will allow you to stream all your audio tracks directly from your server using a PLS playlist.
Audio File Upload
- Only MP3 audio file formats are supported.
- You may upload multiple file at the same time.
- Track Name: With every audio file upload, you have the option to name your tracks. We recommend naming your tracks if you have Track Names option checked under Options
- Edit Track Name: Select if you want to update the name of the track.
- Delete: Select if you want to delete the track from your playlist.
Please note: Free accounts do not have all options available mentioned above. You must upgrade to enable.
What is iRadeo and who is it for?
iRadeo is an online audio streaming platform. An all-in-one solution for radio stations, podcasters, musicians, music fans, promoters and music labels. Start an online radio station, start a podcast, artist or music labels stream your music, or broadcast any audio that you like.
What type of audio streaming does iRadeo support?
We support on-demand and playlist streaming.
What type of audio files can I stream using iRadeo?
We only support MP3 files.
What quality stream do you support?
With our paid plans you can stream at any quality you like; 128kbs, 256kbs, or 320kbs. Any audio file that is uploaded, automatically gets streamed with highest quality possible. The free plan only allows up to 24kbs.
Can I change plans at any time?
Yes. You can upgrade, downgrade or cancel at any time by clicking on the Account link when you are signed in.
Can I stream any audio file using iRadeo?
We don't enforce the types of audio files that get streamed by our users. We do encourage our users stream original audio (original composed music, podcasts, etc.) If you are interested in licensing copyrighted music, you can sign up with many music licensing services. We recommend: PRS for Music or BMI Licensing.
Can I get more storage space?
How do I start streaming using the Playlist Streaming option? [only available with the Ultimate plan]
- Create your PLS playlist and upload it to your server.
- Login to your iRadeo account enable Playlist Streaming under Options.
- Upload your playlist file to your server and point to your playlist (example: http://www.your-website.com/playlist.pls) .
To get started open your text editor. The following is an example of a simple text playlist:
Simply enter the URL to each track on a new line within a text file. Save the text file using a "pls" extension.
You can enter as many tracks as you like.
Note: This option is only available with Ultimate plans.
How reliable are your servers?
We use Amazon's award winning AWS technologies and servers to make sure you get the fastest and the most reliable streaming. Your streams will never slow down and will be streamed at the highest speed available.
What is the maximum audio upload file size supported?
You can upload up to 100mb MP3 audio files. Basic plan users will need to upgrade to a paid plan to enable support for large audio file uploads.
Can I download iRadeo and run it on my own server?
No. iRadeo is a hosted web service. Our unique hosting architecture allows us to deliver the best streaming service and feature updates more efficiently.
Subscribing with PayPal eCheck.
If you subscribe using PayPal eCheck, there will be a delay upgrading your account. This is due to the time required to process payments using eCheck. To get an instant upgrade, we recommend subscirbing with a credit card via PayPal or Amazon Payments.
How do I delete / cancel my account?
- Log in to your iRadeo account
- Click on the Account link at the top
- Click on Delete my account
Deleting your account will result in your data being lost permanently.
Can't find the answers you need?
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, include your iRadeo Username / Email address. We will get back to you as soon as possible.